One of the best sports stories of the summer was Korean super fan Sung Woo Lee making his first trip to Kansas City to see his beloved Royals in person for the first time. Which got us thinking here, how many of us die-hard English football fans have gotten the chance to see our favorite EPL teams live?
For Manchester United fans here, the Manchester United USA supporters club creates annual packages to make such dream trips easy. This season, they bring you the Red Devils biggest rivalries, with Chelsea (October 2014), Liverpool (December 2014), Tottenham (March 2015), and Manchester City (April 2015). The Manchester Pub thrilled to be an official Manchester United supporters pub for the past 5 years, and is happy to bring you this unique opportunity to see your beloved team.
Each date normally starts on Friday morning in the UK, leaving the USA on Thursday night, and ends Monday morning. Flexibility can be built in, with additional charge, if you would like extra days to sight see or take in a Champions League match.
Due to Manchester United USA’s affiliation with the parent club, tours typically include:
- Match ticket and program at Old Trafford.
- Three nights accommodation and breakfast at the four star Radisson Edwardian in Downtown Manchester. Certain Premiership teams use this hotel.
- Personalized driver service to and from the Airport and all match day transportation.
- Legends Tour of Old Trafford with an ex United Player followed by lunch with the Legend in the Aon sponsors suite. Players previously have been Alex Stepney, Wilf McGuiness, Stuart Pearson, Jimmy Greenhoff, Norman Whiteside, Andy Cole, David May
- Private match day hospitality that includes a three-course meal and drinks.
- Another Premiership/Championship game or United reserve/academy match in the North West of England.
- Manchester United USA Membership.
- Depending on timing and availability there are sometimes other United personalized activities associated or added to the tour that include ex players.
The trips are presently priced at $1399.00 per person based on double occupancy without airfare. Single occupancy is slightly higher at $75.00 extra per day. Groups and children under 15 with their parents get a 5% discount. A $500.00 deposit reserves a spot with full payment required at least 28 days before departure. It’s a first come first serve basis as we have limited spots.
Manchester United USA has been providing trips to Old Trafford for the past 17 years for members of Manchester United in the USA. The official membership and supporters club was founded in 1991.
The trips are basically package tours except for airfare, and the fan club will make arrangements to pick you up when you arrive in Manchester. If you require airfare help to Manchester you can contact Claudia Alverez at Pro Travel international : claudia.alvarez@protravelinc.