Father’s Day weekend is upon us, and if your father is like mine, then nothing will make him happier than sitting in front of the television and watching some great soccer. And there is no better place to catch your match than here at the Manchester Pub, the best football pub in New York City. This weekend, the FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP begins and provides a fantastic preview of next year’s World Cup, and the UEFA U-21 Championships are coming to its conclusion. In addition, we have MLS play, the USWNT facing South Korea in a tantalizing pair of friendlies, and some World Cup Qualifiers as well.
We were packed here 4 years ago during the last Confederations Cup, as we feverishly followed the USMNT through its roller coaster run to the Final. It served as a coming out party for Jozy Altidore, and cemented Clint Dempsey’s stature as an elite international football player. Remember that? Here is a fun recap:
Hope for the same this year, as we watch Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Italy, Spain, Uruguay, Tahiti, and Nigeria vie for the title. All matches will be shown live here. Here is our weekend soccer schedule.
- 10:00pm – Guatemala vs. Argentina – WCQ
- 11:30am – Spain vs. Norway – UEFA U-21
- 2:30pm – Brazil vs. Japan – FIFA Confederations Cup
- 2:30pm – Italy vs. Netherlands – UEFA U-21
- 5:00pm – Portland Timbers vs. FC Dallas- MLS
- 7:00pm – USA vs. Korea – Women’s Friendly
- 2:30pm – Mexico vs. Italy – FIFA Confederations Cup
- 5:45pm – Spain vs. Uruguay – FIFA Confederations Cup
- 2:30pm – Tahiti vs. Nigeria – FIFA Confederations Cup
- 12:00pm – UEFA U-21 Championship
- 9:00pm – USA vs. Honduras – WCQ
- 10:00pm – Costa Rica vs. Panama – WCQ